The strategic role of social media in a company’s digital ecosystem
Content strategy: The key to success on social networks
Alignment with corporate objectives
Your social media content strategy must be aligned with your company’s objectives and values. It must reflect your vision, showcase your products or services and speak effectively to your target market. Well thought-out and strategically distributed content can increase engagement, strengthen customer loyalty and even attract new prospects.
Ready to align your content with your corporate vision?
Core competencies and organizational structure of social media management
Strategic role in the marketing team
The social media manager plays a crucial role in your marketing team. His skills extend far beyond simple content creation. Not only does he need to understand market trends and analyze data to assess campaign effectiveness, but he also needs to adjust strategies to optimize results. However, a company has the option of internalizing or outsourcing these operational responsibilities.
In addition, it’s often a good idea to consider outsourcing the strategic part to an expert consultant. Entrusting social media strategy to a consultant brings several key advantages:
- Access to in-depth expertise: Specialist consultants bring in-depth knowledge and experience of social media, offering insights and innovative strategies that may not be evident in-house.
- Objective, external perspective: An external consultant can offer a fresh, unbiased viewpoint, essential for identifying opportunities for improvement and developing more effective strategies.
- Flexibility and resource savings: Outsourcing strategy allows you to benefit from high-level expertise without the constraints of full-time employment, offering greater flexibility and cost control.
- Focus on core competencies: By outsourcing the strategic part, the company can concentrate on its core competencies, while ensuring that its social media strategy is in the hands of experts.
So, while managing the operational aspects in-house or outsourcing them, calling in a social media strategy consultant can be a powerful lever for your company’s development and success.
How does a company choose which social network to be present on?
Adaptation to specific company needs
It’s important to choose the right platforms for your business. Each social network has its own strengths and attracts different audience segments. Your social media manager should select those that are most in tune with your brand and your audience.
Here is a list of the most common platforms and their specific features:
It’s one of the most versatile social networks, ideal for reaching a wide audience. It’s particularly effective for building communities, sharing a variety of content (text, images, videos), and setting up targeted advertising campaigns.
With its strong focus on images and video, Instagram is perfect for visual brands looking to reach a younger audience. It offers tools like stories and IGTV, ideal for more spontaneous and immersive communication.
X (formerly Twitter)
Fast and concise, Twitter is excellent for real-time interaction, tracking trends and communicating directly with customers. It is particularly well suited to announcements, updates and customer service.
The professional platform par excellence, LinkedIn is a must for B2B, networking and recruitment. It allows you to share more formal, professional content, boost your company’s credibility and develop partnerships.
Ideal for long-form video content, YouTube allows you to develop a strong presence with explanatory videos, tutorials or product demonstrations, boosting engagement and brand awareness.
This network is particularly relevant to the fashion, decoration, crafts and cooking sectors. It allows you to share visual ideas and inspiration, and drive traffic to e-commerce sites or blogs.
Very popular with young people, TikTok is an excellent channel for creative, viral marketing campaigns. It favors entertaining and original content, offering a unique opportunity to reach a young and engaged audience.
Each social network has its own strengths and attracts a specific audience. So it’s important for a company to choose the platforms most aligned with its brand strategy and marketing objectives.
Concrete actions on social networks for companies
Companies can take a number of concrete actions on social networks to strengthen their online presence and interact with their audience. These actions include :
- Creating and sharing quality content: Publish articles, videos and infographics that bring value to the audience, reinforce brand expertise and stimulate engagement.
- Targeted advertising campaigns: Use the targeting capabilities of social platforms to deliver specific ads to precise audience segments.
- Organize contests and promotions: Launch contests or promotions to increase engagement and visibility, while offering incentives to the audience.
- Interaction and community management: actively respond to comments and messages, create conversations and build an engaged community around the brand.
- Trend monitoring and analysis: Track relevant industry trends and conversations to stay up-to-date and adapt content strategies.
Social Selling and LinkedIn
Social selling is a strategy that uses social networks, particularly LinkedIn, to build relationships and sell products or services. On LinkedIn, this means interacting with potential prospects, sharing relevant content and positioning yourself as an expert in your field. The idea is to build trust and relationships before proposing a sale, emphasizing a personalized, targeted approach.
Inbound Marketing and Outbound Marketing
Inbound marketing is a strategy that aims to attract customers to the company through the creation of quality content, natural search engine optimization (SEO), and social media. The idea is to create content that responds to the needs and questions of potential customers, encouraging them to come to the brand organically.
Outbound marketing, on the other hand, involves more traditional, direct approaches such as advertising, email prospecting and telephone calls. This strategy seeks to reach a wide audience, often in a less targeted way, to generate interest in the products or services offered.
These two approaches, inbound and outbound, can be complementary in an overall marketing strategy, each bringing its own unique advantages for reaching and engaging a company’s target audience.
The contribution of artificial intelligence to social media management
Artificial intelligence (AI) is revolutionizing social media management by offering innovative tools and solutions that improve the effectiveness and relevance of social network strategies. Here are some of the key contributions of AI in this field:
- Predictive analysis: AI can analyze large quantities of social media data to predict trends, user behavior and content effectiveness. This enables companies to anticipate the needs of their audience and adjust their strategy accordingly.
- Content personalization: Thanks to machine learning, AI can help personalize content for different audience segments, ensuring that messages are relevant and engaging for each user.
- Optimization of advertising campaigns: AI can automatically test different versions of an ad and determine which performs best, enabling advertising campaigns to be optimized for better ROI.
- Automated community management: AI-powered chatbots can handle basic queries on social networks, offering rapid responses and improving the user experience, while freeing up time for human teams.
- Sentiment monitoring and analysis: AI is able to analyze the sentiments expressed in comments and mentions on social networks, providing valuable insights into brand perception and helping to proactively manage online reputation.
The integration of AI into social media management therefore represents a major asset for companies, enabling them to harness data more effectively, personalize the user experience and optimize their online strategies.
Do you want to strengthen your brand's image?
The indispensable tools of the Social Media Manager
To optimize their work and increase the effectiveness of their strategies, Social Media Managers rely on a range of specialized tools. These tools cover various aspects of the job, from content planning to performance analysis:
- Scheduling and publishing tools: Platforms such as Hootsuite, Buffer or Sprout Social allow you to schedule and publish content on multiple social networks simultaneously, while offering the option of scheduling publications in advance.
- Performance and metrics analysis: Tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics provide essential data on campaign effectiveness, user engagement and publication reach.
- Community management: To interact with subscribers and manage comments and messages, tools like Agorapulse or Mention are useful for centralizing interactions and responding effectively.
- Visual content creation: Canva and Adobe Creative Suite offer graphic creation functionalities to produce attractive visuals adapted to the standards of each social network.
- Trend monitoring and analysis: Tools such as BuzzSumo or Google Trends help track current trends, popular topics and user behavior, which is crucial for adapting content strategy.
- Automation and Artificial Intelligence: AI-based solutions, such as Chatfuel for chatbots, can automate certain repetitive tasks and provide a rapid response to user interactions.
Using these tools enables Social Media Managers to manage their campaigns more efficiently, stay organized and gain valuable insights to continually refine their social media strategy.
Measuring effectiveness: data analysis and interpretation in an integrated context
Understanding what works and what doesn’t
It’s essential to understand how to measure the effectiveness of your social networking strategy, but this understanding needs to be part of a wider context, integrating your website’s analytics and your CRM’s business information. The use of a centralized dashboard, bringing together these different types of data, offers a holistic and more accurate view of the impact of your online presence. Metrics such as engagement rate, publication reach and number of conversions are crucial, but when linked to website traffic data and sales performance, they offer a more complete perspective on ROI. Your social media manager, working closely with the website and CRM teams, must not only be able to interpret this data, but also use it to continuously refine and optimize your overall digital strategy.
Crisis management and online reputation protection
Preparedness and responsiveness
Social networks can quickly amplify a crisis. A qualified social media manager must be prepared to handle these situations with professionalism. This includes proactive monitoring of your online image, clear and transparent communication in the event of a crisis, and effective coordination with other departments to protect your reputation.
Training and skills updating
Investment in professional development
Investing in ongoing training for your social media manager is essential. The social media landscape is rapidly evolving, and keeping up to date with the latest trends, tools and best practices is crucial to maintaining an effective strategy.
Integrating social networks into overall digital strategy
Coherence and synergy
Social networks need to be integrated coherently into your overall digital strategy. They shouldn’t work in silos, but rather in synergy with other aspects of your digital marketing like your website, email campaigns, and SEO efforts. This integration ensures uniform communication and reinforces the overall impact of your online presence, creating a fluid, consistent user experience.
The social media manager, a strategic partner for your company
In conclusion, the role of the social media manager in your company goes far beyond the day-to-day management of social networks. This is a strategic position, essential for aligning your online presence with your company’s overall objectives. A qualified social media manager can not only improve your brand’s image, but also boost customer engagement and contribute to business growth. As a manager, recognizing and valuing this role is a crucial step towards the success of your overall digital strategy.
Ready to take your digital strategy to the next level?
EXOCORP offers a unique collaboration of independent digital experts, providing tailor-made, innovative solutions to improve the digital performance of small and medium-sized businesses.
Interview with a consultant
Go for it!
Engage a strategic partner to drive your business forward.
The 3 advantages of social media management in a company’s overall digital strategy
Strengthening brand image and awareness
Content strategy alignment and impact
Flexibility and resource savings thanks to strategic outsourcing
Frequently asked questions